Wednesday, August 23, 2006




Nothing like it. Getting a Flat. It always happens at the best times too. For instance, it's a busy week at work. I've got 3 submittals that I'm working on for Monday that need to be finalized (It's wednesday the week before, currently). I'm trying to catch back up on the marathon training, so I run 13 after work yesterday. Great run, great weather, and peaceful time.

I decided during my run that it was time to get back on the bike as well. So I got up early this morning and began my work commute. It's roughly a 16 mile ride, and at about mile 15, I was getting geared up for a solid day at work, when BAM!, I'm riding on my rims with a slight piece of rubber between the rim and the road. Love it...

Now I should have had another tube and a CO2 cartridge with me, but I didn't. Hence, I enacted the age old training brick called "walking it in." There's nothing like a mile walk through Winchester, KY with bike shoes on. Oh kentucky, is it really that friendly? How does a guy walk a mile through town and nobody says "Hey bud, can I give a you a quick ride since you're walking with your bike on one wheel and obviously are having some issues?" Thanks KY, Thanks a lot. Maybe I should just start asking people, but I figure since I stop, other people should too.

In KY's defense, a very nice couple stopped and asked if I was ok while I was running 13 during a hot saturday afternoon a month or two ago. So not everybody's bad, but the early AM crowd: no soup for you...

No comments: