Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Baby Steps


I'm glad that Sam designated this "collaborative effort" blog as a place to celebrate our victories, both large and small. In a few months I hope to celebrate Elis's first steps, but today I am celebrating my 40 minute run (jog) yesterday morning with no more than 2 minutes walking total! And that in the middle of fighting a cold, which for me, is a discouraging mental hurdle. And - I can honestly say I enjoyed the entire run. Something good is happening in my body - hooray!




3 comments:

Sam said...

way to go! That's great

Anonymous said...

sandy, that is awesome. so you'll run that 1/2 with me in Feb? ok, maybe i am pushing it.

Sandy said...

Amber, running the 1/2 in 9 weeks is definitely pushing it. A 10K would be a more reasonable, though still quite challenging goal for me, but its not offered. Even at that distance, you would blow me away with your speed. I did sign up for the night time Jingle Bell run in St. Pete next week - the course supposedly has segments lined with luminaires and jingle bells are supplied for your shoes. Sounds like fun if I can get well by then.