Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Race Time!

So...it's been a long time coming (per the norm), but it's time now to do a bit of racing. I had been planning on doing the Tri Fall Creek Falls in Pikeville, TN, but it was a bit more expensive and the INDY race seemed like a better idea for travel and logistics.

A few things I'm excited about going into this race include
1. The canal swim through downtown (see picture below) and getting back in my wetsuit.
2. Testing some swim fitness just to see how I'm doing.
3. Working on that dreaded T1 that I have (Shoes on bike, running start and hammer).
4. Seeing how much I can push on the bike and still run well (no speed guarantees or goals besides go hard.
5. Suffering through the run and pushing as hard as I can for the last 5k.


The weather is looking good in Indianapolis on Sunday. I tend to do well with cloudy weather and cooler temperatures.

The excitement is back and I'm looking forward to it.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

wow - that canal swim does look/sound like fun...should make for a little better/more accessible spectating also. I expect you're going to be able to bike as hard as you're able and still run well. Hope you all have a great time. Amber and Liz going also?

Sandy said...

Just checked the race site...that DOES look like a fun race -- Canal race depth 4 feet? All kinds of people will be trying the sprint distance ...wonder if most people can walk the swim distance faster than they can swim it? The main negatives for me would be if most of the run is on concrete surfaces and that the sprint distancers don't start till abt 8:30 and there doesn't appear to be much shade -- But I guess I don't really mind the sun as much as I think I do since I'll be leaving in a couple minutes for a mid-day bike ride in Florida in August.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you liked the race course & conditions.