Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Buck Creek International Pics






















Here's a few snapshots from the Buck Creek Triathlon this past weekend. Of course, most are featuring Sam, but I figured that would be ok with Sam's fans.








I'm a novice at posting pics, so please bear with any strange layouts.














First swim wave of the sprint distance. Looked to me like 3/4 of the athletes did that shorter distance.












This green cap /dark goggles/wet suit with yellow lightning bolts might be Sam.































The sun was in his eyes, the hill was steep, but Sam, I think, was happy to have the swim behind him.








Yes, it took Sam awhile to peel off the wetsuit, but I'm not sure if anyone else who wore a full length suit did it much faster. They were all unzipping on the way up the hill, except for one fellow who sat down as soon as he reached the start of the grass hill and pulled his suit off pretty quickly. Many didn't wear wetsuits - especially in the sprint division.





















I realized, too late, that if you want to take reasonably centered photos of a specific person approaching and flying past you on a bike, knowing their face, body build, and clothing/gear colors are not enough - you simply must have either a spotter or a set of binoculars, preferably both, along with your digital camera. I didn't, so I have some nice pics of riders I don't know. The first time Sam passed, all I got was a backside shot of him pedaling away from me.




















Water station two miles into the 10k run.






































A


Sprint to finish









About 60 seconds after finishing the triathlon, Sam has a gracious smile for the momster who is bugging him for yet another mug shot.









No comments: