Friday, June 20, 2008

Forced (by) Gas furnace

It seems like this happens regularly now, but the spring months are often tough for me to get consistent training in. Subsequently, it is the first day of Summer, and I just had the first good week in a long time. Saturday and Sunday are still available, and I've gotten in two runs, a swim, and 3 bikes. Riding the bike is becoming a bit more desirable now that fuel costs are growing. Both Amber and myself are embracing this a bit more. My goal is to grow into commuting an average of 2-3x/week and carpooling the other days. I have a nice 16-18 mi trip (depending on route) each way. It's good and hilly, so it forces fitness in pretty well.

I'm currently trying to set up a little race schedule and a training schedule that's realistic for every week. I also need to get off my arse and go to master's swimming. The wife seems to be warming up to the idea.

The author realizes this isn't much of a post, but starting to write again is kind of like recovery. Just a little bit at a time before you get back into full swing. I'm saving better stuff for later.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Yaaay! You're back! Your pic and caption got me laughing at 6:00 a.m.. I'm happy for you that you have such beauty to ride through...here's hoping for more bike lanes, also.

I rode to Sand Key beach Sunday morning -really pleasant, bike lanes almost the entire stretch of Gulf Blvd. now, and I found a new (to me) tiny park with 2 tennis courts and a miniscule play area with a cool climbing structure as well as a little restaurant for breakfast with a boardwalk and tables that look out on the intercoastal...mmm...nice.