Friday, June 23, 2006

It's gonna be a good long (and painful) road.


My first workout of the program got pushed back by two days due to some necessary engagements. Thanks to Charles Ford Photography for the picture. You can visit his site at http://www.charlesford.com/

Rule #1: Don't forget your watch on a speed day
Rule #2: Don't do your speed day on a day it's raining.
Rule #3: Don't try to do a workout from memory.

All 3 of these are now rules. Why? I broke them all last night. Breaking the first two simply necessitated that I do the work on a treadmill inside. Breaking number 3 had me do each interval about 3-4 seconds slower than I should have. That said, 12-400m repeats at just below 90 sec per (6 min/mi pace) is still pretty solid for a workout.

I need to catch up and get back on shedule so I can go speed workouts Tuesday, Tempo Thursday, and long run on saturday. I'm attempting to make it up over the course of two weeks.

Weight post workout: 193 lbs. So long sweet Clydesdales, I might never see you again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forget reasonable, I will run. I just need a few weeks and a healthy knee. I miss the open road.