Saturday, July 21, 2007

Feeling Dirty

So I've been wearing speedos underneath my longer shorts for a while now while swimming. The issue is that the longer shorts are starting to wear out and get really thin. I was in the midst of a swim this morning and the looseness of the material finally had me fed up. I stopped after a 100, and promptly whipped off the longer shorts, leaving me but a skimpy piece of material between myself and complete nakedness. I was a little uncomfortable at first, but I must say, after swimming a few hundred yards, it all became clear to me. It's friggin' awesome! who doesn't like feeling almost naked while swimming? I'm not gonna lie, I put the long shorts back on before walking into the locker room, but this could be the beginning of a trend. This is scary, I feel like I'm one of them now.

5 comments:

Alex said...

I'm a little biased, because I was a swimmer before I was a triathlete, but nothing beats a normal Speedo brief when it comes to comfort for workouts. It's a slippery slope, haha.

Bill said...

They are much nicer than baggy's, that's for sure.

If you aren't keep in parading around in the banana hammock, you can always go with the jams, which cover just as much as your cycling shorts. You still feel just as sleek and quick in the water.

Nate Youngblood said...

Next you're gonna start shaving your legs and liking it. You want some shaving cream and a razor to go with that speedo? He He.

Steve Cullum said...

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that you've been in the long shorts so long. But I was a swimmer first as well. You'll never go back. Ever.

Sam said...

Nate, it's too late (by about a year). Pre-race shaving is great.