Sunday, July 06, 2008

Ride your A$$


These are some pictures from our ride yesterday. We needed to get out and move after the Fourth's Feast and a hard run at the 10-k.

A quick 10-k recap: I haven't been doing too much speed work, and was not as well-trained as last year. Hence, there were no PR expectations. That's Rodes city next March. Get ready. Mike and I had a little too much fun the night before hanging out and staying up late playing Madden. It was a good time. The next morning we all got out the door a little late (Katy, Mike, Amber, and myself) due to some bowel testing. There was a nice line at the port-o-lets and we all tested their hospitality prior to the race.

Mike and Amber both PR'd and had good races. Katy finished strong, but I'll let her tell you about it. I went out at about 7+min/mi pace and the HR was skyrocketing. I figured it wasn't a PR kind of day as earlier determined, so I went for a good tempo run and finished in 43:02. It was a good time. The weather was overcast and rainy, and pretty cool for July.


The 1st annual SAMBER Independence day cookout was a success with a lot of people coming over for inside out burgers and cornhole. Fun was had by all. Hopefully we'll get some pictures up on the other blog soon.

My riding buddy Jeff and I went out for a nice 45 mile ride saturday morning. Paris is lovely in the summer!

After that, came home and got some lunch and then Amber and I went for a 15-miler. She's getting stronger. About 1+ mph faster than the last ride. We stopped for a quick visit with a local farm inhabitant.

2 comments:

katy said...

Okay, seriously, did you have to link my sad run on your super crazy fitness blog? Now I'm definitely going to have to be in shape at the mini to redeem myself!!

Sandy said...

Kady, I had read your post of the race BEFORE Sam linked it, and I was celebrating with you - that you had let yourself be talked into running, that you had a sensible plan and used it just to see how you could do, and that you finished and finished in better shape than you thought you would. No dissing yourself because you didn't run as fast as a pre-pregnant, "in-shape" Katy would have. When you get to be as old as the hills you'll be celebrating 12 minute miles :-) Your post encouraged me to start upping my mileage.